|Riding Prairie Tours — Look for Bison
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tickets will be available only at the site starting at 10 a.m.
- Each person takes a number at the Bison Tours Tent.
- The Bison Tours ticket supply may be limited, based on festival attendance and the location of the herd.
- You can join a tour anytime your number is less than the one written on the white board.
- When you are ready, walk to the path entrance, where your tickets will be collected.
- Then walk west to the tent by the fence gate and get in line.
- First come, first served for all numbers less than the one posted.
- You will ride on a trailer through the preserve.
- Visitors with low mobility must be able to walk to the path entrance, ride a UTV to the fence gate, and then climb a ramp or stairs into a trailer.
- Finding the bison is not guaranteed, as they cannot always be seen from the lanes.
- The last tour will leave at 4 p.m., so please get in line before 3:45 p.m.
|Guided Hiking Tours
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Meet at the Hiking Tours Tent.
- Experienced guides will lead walking tours of Nachusa’s prairies, woodlands, and wetlands.
- Details on the times, destinations, length, and difficulty of the hikes
- This information will also be posted by the Hiking Tours Tent.
- Several tour groups will walk a loop departing from and returning to the AOTP site.
- Shuttled tours will drop you off and pick you up at a place on the preserve and then return you to the AOTP site.
- Meet at the Hiking Tours Tent at least 5 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- Tours inside the Bison Unit will be limited to 12-15 people and will be cancelled or relocated if the herd is in the vicinity.
- The number of participants for other shuttled tours may be limited, based on available transportation.
- All tour length times are approximate.
- Sturdy shoes and long pants are recommended for the hiking tours, as most are off trail with hills.