Strategies for Land Stewardship Summit
Join farmers, farm advisors, conservation professionals, and others for this peer-to-peer learning opportunity to get practical insights and ideas about how to be successful and profitable with cover crops, no-till, and other soil and water conservation practices.
Walworth and Rock Counties, WI
Event registration is FREE. This event is for farmers and people from across the Midwest and Mid-South who are seeking strategies that can improve a farmer’s soil, land, and bottom line, including:
- Crop and livestock producers
- Farm/crop advisors
- Conservation professionals
- Government agency staff
- Extension professionals
Summit activities will include
- Farmer-led tours of two southeast Wisconsin farms that are demonstrating cover crops, no-till, strip till, and nutrient management strategies
- Presentations about research and programs that can support farmers’ success with conservation practices
- The opportunity to connect and share ideas with peers about the practicalities and profitability of practices to improve soil health and water quality
- The opportunity to share ideas with regional U.S. EPA and NRCS staff on how to make programs and policies aimed at supporting farmers’ adoption of conservation practices more accessible and effective
CEUs for certified crop advisors will be available!
Organized by a multi-state collaboration between University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin Discovery Farms, University of Kentucky, Mississippi State University, Arkansas Discovery Farms, and University of Illinois.
Event Date & Time
June 21, 2022 - June 22, 2022
Event LocationWalworth and Rock Counties, WI