- This event has passed.
Spring Quarterly Alphabet Soup Meeting
May 10, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFREE
AGENDA BELOW OR DOWNLOAD PDF HERE
9:00 am Coffee and Networking
9:45 am Welcome and Introductions
10:15 am Updates – resources and programs
- Woody Woodruff – Illinois Stewardship Alliance Training Videos
- Advanced Soil Health Training
- Advanced Conservation Drainage Training
- ISAP Risk Management Conference
- ISAP Event Calendar – group activity to try out online submission or to fill out cards for April
- New Extension Watershed Coordinators – Jennifer Woodyard
- Other updates?
11:00 am Local flavor - What’s different about northern Illinois?
- Local issues/programs - Philip Alberti, Daryle Wragge, Marty McManus
- NW Illinois Planning - Carrie Zethmayr, The Land Institute (invited)
- Cover crops and grazing – Dean Oswald
- Next steps for northern Illinois – planning for Advanced Soil Health Training and S.T.A.R.
12 noon Lunch and Networking - sponsored by The Zea Mays Foundation
1 pm Creating local farmer led networks
- Sara Walling, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture (invited)
2 pm Spotlight – NW IL farmer led network success stories/case studies
- Tri-county Farmer Network - Dean Oswald
- Nutrient Stewards of Northern Illinois - Malcolm Stambaugh
2:15 pm Rainfall simulator / desktop soil demo training
3pm Wrap Up and Adjourn
Next meeting – Aug/Sept in SE Illinois - Future lunch sponsorship opportunities available!