Financial Impacts of Conservation Practices Virtual Trainings
These trainings – one for conservation educators and another for farm finance educators – will help participants feel more knowledgeable and confident in supporting farmers’ decisions about cover crops, conservation tillage, and/or managed grazing.
This training is a two-part training for farm finance or business management educators from Extension, technical colleges, or other relevant institutions
Soil health, regenerative agriculture, and carbon markets are a big buzz in agriculture these days. Are you prepared to talk with farmers about how practices such as cover crops, conservation tillage, and managed grazing could affect their bottom line? This training will cover the basics of conservation practices, what is known about how they impact farm profitability, and ways to finance them. You will leave feeling more knowledgeable and confident to support farmers’ interest in making conservation practices work for their operations.
Here’s what the training will cover in two 90-minute webinars:
- Conservation 101: The basics of conservation practices and what it takes to implement them
- Financial assistance for conservation: The types of financial programs out there to help a farmer implement a conservation practice
- Economics of conservation practices: The latest data and tools for how cover crops, conservation tillage, and managed grazing impact farm budgets, including costs, benefits, risks, and ROI
- Communicating with farmers about conservation finances: How to credibly talk with farmers about conservation practices and their impact on farms and finances
- Working with landowners and lenders: How to help farmers work in partnership with their landowners and lenders to make conservation profitable
When: Monday, July 24th and Wednesday, July 26th | 10:00am-11:30am CT. You will need to participate in both days to complete this two-part training.
Register by: Friday, July 21st
Event Date & Time
July 24, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am CDT|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on July 26, 2023 at 10:00 am