Eco Markets and Carbon Dynamics Field Day
As carbon markets emerge, various programs create a lot of questions around carbon and farm operations.
Join University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Illinois Extension, and Illinois Sustainable Ag Partnership for a free field day on November 7 from 9AM-1PM at the University of Illinois College of ACES Energy Farm in Urbana, Illinois.
Participants will spend the day with industry and university experts to:
- Learn what carbon markets are and the process of carbon sequestration.
- Find out more about the economic perspective of these markets.
- Discover what entities are in this industry space and how they operate.
- Explore the science and latest technology behind current methods for estimating or measuring carbon, including a tour of eddy covariance towers.
- Hear what research is being done to better understand carbon sequestration from different agricultural practices.
Event Date & Time
November 7, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm CST
Event LocationUniversity of Illinois College of ACES Energy Farm