2024 Conservation Drainage Network Annual Meeting
Join the 2024 Conservation Drainage Network Annual Meeting! This is a must-attend event for anyone passionate about conservation drainage. We are excited to gather in person at the Renaissance Columbus Westerville-Polaris Hotel in Westerville, OH, USA.
- Raise awareness of the importance of agricultural water management to farm profitability, local, regional, and national initiatives to advance soil health, water quality, watershed restoration, risk reduction and climate resiliency goals.
- Strengthen understanding of drivers for practice implementation and identify impediments to conservation drainage practice adoption.
- Prioritize information needs (i.e., research gaps) to address risks.
- Understand how to advance conservation drainage as an integral component of managing food production, regenerative agriculture, and terrestrial water supplies under changing climate conditions.
- Advance conservation drainage implementation.
Please visit the event main page for more information here.
Full-day field trip (additional registration required): The day-long trip will involve visit to multiple sites in central and northwestern Ohio. The site visits will include a utility-scale solar farm, treatment train wetlands, conservation initiatives by dairy industry, and a new drainage water recycling site. State and local agencies, farmers, and coordinators will interact with the group to share the information about these projects and practices. The trip will include a boxed lunch.
Half-day field trip (additional registration required): This trip will take the group to some interesting sites in and around Columbus area. The site visits will include the Engineering Research Center of the Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc., one of world’s largest pipe manufacturers, Trimble Technology Labs at the Ohio State University, Controlled Environment Agricultural Research Center at OSU, and much more. The trip will include a light snack. Lunch on your own.
Event Date & Time
April 3, 2024 @ 8:00 am - April 5, 2024 @ 5:00 pm CDT