2021 Conservation Cropping Seminars!
Join the 2021 Illinois Conservation Cropping Seminars webinar series on January 20th, 28th, and February 4th! Don’t miss information about ways farmers like yourself can improve soil health, learn about cover crops, remain profitable—and even more marketable—by using sustainable techniques that build up natural resilience to weather extremes, pests, and weeds. Learn from educators, researchers, experts, and local Illinois farmers! There will be Question & Answer sessions as well.
In keeping with state mandates and safety precautions, we will offer helpful information, new research and data, farmer testimonials, and more in three 2-hour online, virtual conference sessions.
While it’s not our normal full-day, in-person get-together at three different Illinois locations, the planning committee has gathered some GREAT speakers and presentations that are well worth your time. We can’t feed you lunch virtually, so for 2021, your participation at the event is FREE—and lunch is “on your own”!
Scheduled speakers currently include:
- Ray Archuleta, Certified Professional Soil Scientist with the Soil Science Society of America
- Dr. Joel Gruver, Western IL University, Associate Professor of Soil Science and Sustainable Ag
- Dr. Nic Jelinski, Asst. Professor at University of MN’s Department of Soil, Water, and Climate
- STAR program coordinators & farmer participant panels
- Dr. Stacy Zuber, IL NRCS Soil Health Specialist
For more information regarding the event please contact:
The Conservation Cropping Seminars, held for the last seven years, are organized and made possible with the involvement and support of Illinois Department of Agriculture, USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service, American Farmland Trust, the Illinois Stewardship Alliance, Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, and local Soil and Water Conservation Districts.